Friday, January 04, 2008

Music Top 10 2007

This is a sort of update to my mid-year post back in July about the best music so-far.  Some of the albums were bumped by releases from the second half of the year.

1. Neon Bible - Arcade Fire. This album keeps the top spot from earlier in the year.

2.  Church Mouth - Portugal. The Man.  I loved this bands first album and their follow-up EP.  But I have to admit I was surprised at how much I liked this album.  This was one of the primary albums I listened to during my time in America this year.

3.  The Stage Names - Okkervil River.  This band has so much energy behind them.  Its hard not getting caught up in the songs.  The lyrics are moody and thoughtful.  They also have a great back catalogue.  I listened to them a lot during my NaNoWriMo experience.

4. In Rainbows - Radiohead.  I initially downloaded the album as part of the "chose your own price" gimmick (I think I paid a cent for it).  I started really listening to it though the past two weeks and really loved it.  I've just discovered Radiohead.  I know I'm late to the game.  My bad.

5.  Boxer - The National.  I had never heard of The National before I read Metacritic's aggregated 2007 best of list.  I downloaded the album from emusic.com and was blown away.  The song writing is great as is the music.  Love it.

6. Icky Thump - White Stripes. This album got nudged down to 6th.  Sorry Jack and Meg.

7. On Letting Go - Circa Surive.

8. Sky Blue Sky - Wilco.

9. Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga - Spoon.

10.  Kala - M.I.A.  I was introduced to MIA through a commercial playing at the movie theatre that I worked projection at.  Every time I started a movie, I was greeted to a Honda commercial with one of her songs.  Her second album continues with catchy beats and world-conscious lyrics.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...