Monday, August 27, 2007

5 days 12 hours, 3 minutes...

Today I had a pretty easy beginning to my last week at school. One trip up: they changed out the computer at my desk. They finally took away the old piece of crap I had and put a new model in (five days before I leave mind you). Big hitch: no internet. So getting caught up on my blogging, and doing some printing jobs that I've been saving up was out of the question.

Then, I got a call through my handler, from a new handler that has been assigned to me (he doesn't speak English). They wanted to show my apartment today to a perspective renter/buyer. As much as I don't like the idea of strangers traipsing through my apartment, I realized that it was kind of necessary. So I agreed. It even gave me an excuse to leave early (I had a lot of cleaning to do before they showed the place).

So I cleaned, and went to take out the trash right to find a large party waiting downstairs. There were six people and one of them recognized me. I don't know who he is but this happens often. I get pointed out to a group of people I'm never introduced to. Since I'm the only foreigner they know, they remember me.

Okay, long story short. I'm doing my thing on the computer, while the six people look around my apartment. I figure its two fathers looking to get an apartment for a newlywed couple, then two helpers from the education office. Anyway, I look up from the computer, to find one of the guys has started taking off all my magnets from my fridge!

I've been catching up on my Curb and this seems like one of those ridiculous things that would happen to Larry David. I ask the guy, "What are you doing?" He doesn't know English, but when I confront him, he takes all the magnets and throws them in the trash!

On the left is what my fridge looked like before the man took it upon himself to clear them off. Afterward, my fridge was bare.

I am bewildered. Who is this guy that he comes into my apartment and takes my magnets off the fridge and throws them away? Insane. 5 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...