Sunday, October 08, 2006

I don't think that song fits...[updated]

So there's this commercial that plays--I can't say exactly what it is advertising though. Anyway, the song in the background has a beautiful woman's voice. I never really listened to the song until today. "I've got a mandolin/I play it all night long/It makes me want to kill myself." The song is called "100,000 Fireflies" and was originally sung by The Magnetic Fields.

In the ad a woman is setting a table and is placing a candy on this rice bar (these are very bland, chewy snacks made out of mashed up rice pressed together with very little flavor). The line, "want to kill myself" plays just as she looks up at the camera with a huge smile on her face. If she only knew what the song was saying.

UPDATE: I have found the video on youtube. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi josh. Just wanted you to know that I am now registered and can make comments to your blogs. I hope you have a great weekend coming up and that you have a nice vacation with english speaking people.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...