Friday, August 18, 2006

The Threat of the North...


In the leadup to my move to South Korea the biggest concern of most people is Kim Jong Il and his craziness exploding with an attack on South Korea, Japan, or other area countries. One historical fact that makes me feel a little better is that Pusan that was never captured by the communists during the Korea War. So I have the mined DMZ, thousands of soldiers, hundreds of miles, and history all on my side.

I pulled this graphic from CNN's website that shows the extent of communist control of the Korean Penninsula in October 1950. It also got me thinking about the United Nation's involvement in world affairs. The anti-communist soldiers of the Korean War were from many different countries and fought under the UN's flag. I guess there was a time when the UN was actually willing to take action...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...