Thursday, September 13, 2007

MCI Again...

I'm a week and a half into my furlough in America. I have spent some great time vegging in front of American TV, driving around the wide streets, not being stared at, and not walking around with the label "foreigner" over everything I do.

I just got back from a roadtrip that took me to St. Louis (how could I pass up an invintation to a theology department kegger) and back to my old home of Columbia.


View Larger Map


I was surprised at the things that had changed in Columbia--two huge Walmarts (notice proper usage of Walmarts) anchoring the south and west sides--and by the things that haven't. It was great to visit with old friends and to spend an evening drinking $1 pints a McNally's without leaving smelling like an ashtray thanks to the new anti-smoking ordinance.

Now, I'm back in that cheesy bar/grill I visited a couple weeks ago waiting through my layover on my way to Michigan to visit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...