Saturday, August 04, 2007

Japanese Product Reviews: Cream Collon

One of my little hobbies when traveling is to check out strange local products. Japan did not dissapoint. My first night in hotel, I was cruising the hotel convenience store for a snack fix, when I came upon a snack food named "Cream Collon."
These semi-sweet snacks are, well shaped like a colon, and are filled with a cream-type filling. I don't know if they thought this name through. I did a search for these on Google and the a sponsored link at the top came up for a "Colon Cleanse."
Maybe "Collon" doesn't remind Japanese of the rear-end of the digestive system, but that was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the picture and the name.

These weren't bad, but I'd pass if I were you. The okay taste isn't enough to overcome their bizarre name. However, they're widely available in Japan, and at least one western importer (in the UK) makes them available for those out of Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...