Saturday, June 23, 2007

Peter Rabbit

I don't remember exactly who introduced me to the stories of Peter Rabbit, though I do have a vague memory that it might have been my great-grandmother. In any case, one of the aspects of the stories that always stayed with me was the cutting off of rabbit tails. I always imagined just a little cotton ball being cut off these talking rabbits.

There's a scene from the Tale of Peter Rabbit that speaks to this:

Then some one [sic] began to sing 'Three blind mice, three blind mice!' It sounded disagreeable to Peter; it made him feel as though his own tail were going to be cut off: his fur stood on end.
Memories of that story are buried my subconscious from when little. Imagine my surprise when I examined the knife used in my school's teacher's office for cutting food:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...