Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Storms II: El Nino and La Nina

If you recall my posting on The Storms, a couple weeks ago, I wrote about this couple across the hall and their weekly "blowup" fight. These fights are a regular event and always culminate with one of them being locked out and making noise so the other will let him or or back in.

Last night was the worst. I labeled the post El Nino and La Nina because these people are acting like children--big children. I mean locking the door on someone during an argument? That's something I have to scold my middle schoolers for doing--these people are at least in their late 20s.

Last night, I was awoken at 3:10am by a large boom. In my half-wake state I thought it might have been in my dream, or maybe thunder--although I've yet to hear thunder in Korea. Ten seconds later, there was another boom--the guy across the hall was using the flat of his foot to hit his door as hard as he could.

For the next several hours, there were episodes where he'd come up the elevator, kick the door and shout drunken rants at his girlfriend. After five minutes or so he'd yell at the top of his lungs and then go downstairs. Once, he shouted the whole way down the stairs. I heard is shouts get softer and softer as he descended the stairwell and then get again when he go to the street and I could hear it from my window. Keep in mind, I'm on the sixth floor.

I wanted so badly to go and punch him in the face and tell him to get a motel room for the night. I was hoping that one of my Korean neighbors would call the cops, but I don't think they ever did. My judgment: these Koreans watch too many of their own dramas.

See a MadTV parody below:




Maybe I'll just slap him.

1 comment:

  1. very very funny video. mad tv is so much better than saturday nite live.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...