Thursday, October 12, 2006

The News

I've been a news junkie since probably the 1992 election when I eagerly watched the election of Bill Clinton and then the NAFTA debate afterwards. My politics have changed since then, but I've always been connected to the news. Since Matt Drudge broke the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal, I have regularly checked his website, The Drudge Report along with the standards news sites. The Drudge Report is basically a political gossip page and is only a little better than most tabloids, but it still does break many stories hours before the big news sites.

I've had regular Internet access since I've been in Korea, so my contact with what's going on in the States has been pretty good. Some local news still has to be delivered to me directly by people--for example the school shooting in my hometown last week. However, the big stuff is covered here, and the really big stuff--like the North Korean nuke test is translated into English on one of the government channels here.

That being said, I've missed out on some Korea news. The biggest event was the typhoon the hit Japan and then brushed up against Korea. I was stuck in my apartment that whole weekend because of the wind and rain, but I had no idea what was going on. I tried to subscribe to an English language paper, but it hasn't been delivered yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate comments. If you have a personal message to me, then e-mail would be best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...